Digital Menu Board Software that’s Efficient and Easy to Use
Restaurants who choose QL’s digital menu board software improve the customer’s experience and increase sales. QL can power any number of indoor screens and drive through digital menu boards so you can reach a greater number of customers inside and outside your restaurant.
The Digital Menu Board Challenge
Quick-service restaurant owners and operators must constantly react to changing consumer tastes, competitive pricing, and variable inventory levels. They must also display a stream of promotions on their digital menu boards where and when it’s most effective.
Using our digital signage solutions, restaurant owners and operators can build and maintain their own product and pricing database without leaving the software. Menus can be displayed in a table format using QL’s Data Grid feature, or shown in individual fields you can place anywhere on screen. It’s never been this easy to create digital menu board templates for your store.
The QL Digital Menu Board Software Solution
We offer a range of solutions for every indoor and outdoor menu board challenge. You create dynamic content using QL’s own Template Designer with your own product photography, price lists and caloric values. You can also insert videos in your layouts to create attention-grabbing digital menus that sell.
Restaurant chains who operate their own POS systems can retrieve real-time product and pricing so their digital menu screens are always kept up to date. By connecting QL to your POS database you can automate content shown on screen without any staff interaction. Automatically remove out-of-stock items or promote overstock items based on actual inventory levels.
Programming your menus is easy using dayparting. Create time slots for each period of the day and then assign playlists with your own menus. Easily transition between breakfast, lunch and dinner items based on the time of day.
QL Mobile lets staff members update and control your digital menu screens using any smartphone or tablet. They can also update your menu board database and make changes on-the-fly. Launch unique content at the touch of a screen. You can also turn screens on or off and control any screen’s volume right from your phone.
QL gives you a competitive edge
Sales increase when you deploy professional digital menu boards. Guests stay longer, they order more, and they enjoy a better experience that guarantees repeat visits.
It’s easy to take advantage of QL’s digital menu board features:
- Create, publish and display a visually stunning restaurant menu board layout from any desktop PC or mobile device.
- QL is easy to learn and simple to use. No technical or graphic skills are required and anyone can create beautiful menu layouts using our web-based template designer.
- Update restaurant menu board menu items, caloric information, and prices instantly using QL server data feeds or any external database.
- Highlight new products, promote your assortment and your brand. Create simple playlists that switch over from breakfast, to lunch, to dinner selections. Schedule events once, and let QL handle the rest.
Simple and secure
QL’s Content Manager is very user-friendly, yet powerful. Staff members can update their digital menu board instantly using our software’s built-in Template Designer. They can even update menus from any smartphone or tablet via the QL Mobile app.
Security is our top priority. Only authorized users can modify digital menu board content or change the information published on your screens. For instance, a restaurant operator may have full administrative privileges across an entire chain while managers are only authorized to change their own local pricing, or publish announcements and instant notifications for their locations. You decide who has access, which information they can see, and what they can publish.
There is a QL software version available for any size or type of organization. Choose from a cloud-based (SaaS) solution or an on-premise software version you install and manage on your own servers.
Automate digital menu item and pricing updates
Most large restaurant chains use point-of-sale (POS) and inventory management systems to manage pricing and centralize product information. QL easily integrates and synchronizes with POS systems and back-end databases to retrieve real-time product data so your menus are always accurate and automatically kept up to date.
- QL will automatically remove sold-out items from your digital menu board.
- Prices and item descriptions can be synchronized locally or with a centralized database. You can even mix local and corporate data on the same menu.
- Easily deploy a common menu layout to hundreds of locations with each one showing unique pricing and products.
- Trigger promotions based on any criteria.
- Automatically promote overstocked items.
- Show ads based on the current weather observations. For example, promote ice cream when the outdoor temperature rises above a specific value or when it is sunny outside.
- Upsell side-dish items and cross-sell using drive-thru LED screens. Automatically show side items based on the customer’s order.
- Use touch screens or sensors (motion, RFID, mechanical button, etc.)
How to make your programming more dynamic
QL’s Dynamic Content Rules uses artificial intelligence to decide when certain menu items should show up on your digital menu board based on external data. Content can be added to your programs or triggered based on stock levels, or promotional status,. In the case of drive-through digital menus, you can also show add-on items based on a customer’s order.
You can also use environmental factors (temperature, weather, traffic levels, and more) to decide what gets shown on your screens. This technology operates in real-time, specific to each site, and is completely hands-free.
What are the technologies behind digital menu boards?
First, let’s talk about the basics. There are two types of digital menu board applications. Indoor and outdoor.
Most outdoor digital menu boards and drive through signs use ultra-bright digital screens and are installed vertically. An indoor digital menu board tends to use multiple screens that are laid out horizontally. For the most part, the screens used in digital menu board applications must be designed for constant operation (24/7/365).
It’s one reason why system-on-chip screens have become so popular for restaurant menu screen applications. These screens are relatively inexpensive and they have proven to be extremely reliable. They are also very easy to install which is an added bonus.
Windows PCs remain quite popular because they are more versatile and offer better performance. High-end digital signage menu boards can rely on multiple screens connected to Windows PCs running Navori Labs’ QL IPR player software. QL IPR is a perfect choice for this type of application since it supports up to 24 screens and can display unique high resolution content simultaneously on each screen.
For best results, we recommend using thin-bezel screens as they provide a seamless canvas for large banners and video walls when synchronizing content across all screens. When displaying content on these large surfaces, menus are easier to read and you create a better guest experience.
How to deal with dayparting
Navori QL software end-users define time slots for the various periods of the day. Time slots can repeat daily or change depending on the store’s need. Some locations may want to display the same time slots 7 days a week (breakfast, lunch, dinner). Others may wish to display content that changes daily, or they may want to show different menus during the week and on weekends. It’s important to select an electronic menu board software that can accommodate both options.
QL can accommodate all these scenarios and more. For example, you can assign specific rules to individual content, such as a “happy hour” announcement that can only appear on specific days, and at specific times.
What can Computer Vision bring to my digital menu boards?
Navori Labs’ AQUAJI marketing analytics platform uses computer vision and artificial intelligence for audience analysis. When interfaced with the QL digital signage software, AQUAJI can perform several useful tasks like adjusting a playlist according to customer time spent waiting. AQUAJI can also provide important metrics such as customer wait times so management can adjust staffing levels to meet corporate performance targets.
Knowing your customers
By scanning and analyzing your store’s traffic flow, AQUAJI can provide useful information about each customer’s demographic profile, and the time spent by each person visiting your store. This information is invaluable to marketing and planning managers.
AQUAJI can detect vehicle license plates and match them to POS data so drive-through menus can offer personalized choices based on past purchases. The software can also track time spent waiting which can be used to analyze employee performance.
When it comes to best digital menu board software, there are a few key factors to consider. First and foremost, the software should be easy to use and understand. Additionally, the software should be compatible with all popular types of digital displays, so that you can change your digital restaurant menu as often as you like without having to purchase new hardware.
Finally, it should be affordable, so that you can get started without breaking the bank. With these factors in mind, we believe that Navori QL is the best digital menu board software on the market today. QL offers a wide range of templates and designs to choose from, is compatible with all popular types of digital displays, and is very affordable. Get started today and see how Digital Menu boards can improve sales, reduce perceived wait times and improve the overall customer experience. Thanks for considering QL Digital Signage Software!
Frequently Asked questions
What can digital menu boards do for my restaurant?
Use a digital menu board to inform and entertain your customers:
- Instantly deliver and update any digital menu in any location at any time.
- Display different content at the store entrance, behind the ordering counter, and at the drive-thru.
- Mix corporate menu board layouts and styles with location-specific pricing and promotions.
- Change your digital menu boards based on the time of day or event.
- Deploy targeted promotions that engage customers.
Why is Navori QL recommended for digital menu boards?
QL delivers all the features QSR operators need to grow their walk-in and drive-thru business, such as:
- QL is easy to deploy and configure, so your displays are up and running faster.
- Head office and local restaurant staff can work together to manage and create content, publish updates, and monitor player health. Local users can use a desktop PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet to make local changes to their own programming. Let your staff manage their digital menu boards globally or locally.
- Administrators control user rights and access levels. Create user accounts that require manager authorization before content can be published on screen or for users who can only modify their menus data feeds.
- Monitor every player and manage your hardware remotely without the need for additional software. QL users can reset/reboot players and turn displays on or off instantly.
- Authorized users receive email notifications and can also see the live player status in our software dashboard. Always know if a player needs attention, so you can act fast. You can even export and distribute monitoring reports to your IT staff from QL Content Manager.
Get started today with the QL digital signage software!
What are the key benefits of using digital menu boards?
- After the initial investment in equipment and software, using digital menu boards will provide long last cost savings against traditional printed menu boards.
- Content, including product pricing, product images, and advertisements can be centrally managed, changed, and deployed to any number of stores simultaneously.
- Content changes are easy to make and deploy across hundreds of locations.
- Digital Signage Software will allow you to integrate with your existing pricing and menu item management systems for automatic updates across all locations.
- Digital displays are brighter and more engaging than printed signs.
Can I use regular TVs for my digital menu boards?
We strongly advise against using consumer TVs that you can buy at your local electronics stores. Instead, buy professional-grade displays that will stand the test of time. Here’s why:
- Unlike consumer TVs, professional displays are designed for 24/7/365 use.
- Unlike consumer TVs, professional displays are designed to withstand difficult environments like very warm kitchens and the grease and fumes that kitchens produce.
- Professional displays will typically come with on-site support, maintenance service options, and extended warranties.