The LED Signage Challenge
LED digital signage has replaced printed roadside billboard advertising and static outdoor signage. Today, brand owners and ad agencies rely on outdoor LED displays and video walls to deliver their message to the public. This new advertising medium is commonly called, “digital out-of-home” (DOOH).
DOOH advertising has become the fastest growing digital signage segment, with digital menu boards coming in as a close second.
Advancements in technology and improved manufacturing efficiencies have helped bring down the cost of LED display signage. It’s why you see more outdoor digital display boards along busy highways and on building facades.
LED digital signage software offers many advantages over static posters.
- They can cover very large areas creating a near-unlimited canvas for your message.
- They can be viewed during the day or night.
- They can display motion graphics and video content.
- They share common digital signage characteristics. For example, display a stream of content with targeted messaging, or trigger notifications on-demand.
- They can be installed in high-traffic areas and other places where printed billboards used to go.